Three new items today:
- Episode 2 of my new Washington Wizards podcast Becker & Broom with longtime friend Ben Becker. Subscribe on iTunes, Overcast, or wherever you find podcasts.
- A companion article about how 2016-17 is a classic #SoWizards season. The team is winning, fans are feeling good, and they really just look average.
- A Player Production Average update.
Also, launch date for my mystery novel, No In Between, is lurching closer. It’ll be available for purchase on February 1.
I meant to post these as I published them, but… Anyway, here they are:
And, of course, my new podcast with Ben Becker. Our first episode focuses on the article about Gortat’s touches, as well as on what the Wizards can do to improve.
Be on the lookout for my mystery novel, which is launching in about two weeks.
During the holidays, I gave some thought to the state of my various writing projects and aspirations, and decided to make a few changes.
- My mystery novel will be available for purchase on February 1. I’ve started work on my second book, which almost feels like it’s writing itself. Details on where and how to buy will be coming soon.
- The content here at kevinbroom.com will be shifting. I’ve done mostly Wizards analysis here, but that will be ending. Instead, I’ll be more focused on writing, the writing life, and artistic expression. These topics occupy a bigger place in my mind than sports ever has, and I hope readers find my thoughts interesting.
- My Wizards content is moving it to Bullets Forever, which has long been a source of terrific Wizards coverage and analysis. I’m thrilled they were willing to add me to the chorus, and looking forward to being part of the team.
- I’m going to partner with my friend Ben Becker to attempt a Wizards podcast that will be distributed through Bullets Forever. We’re gearing up to begin production, and hope to have our first edition available in January.
That’s all for now.